DIY Bath Bombs
Get ready to relax! Time to light the candles, turn up the music and down the lights. These luxuirant bath bombs are fun to make and smell amazing! They are also a perfect gift!
•Glass mixing bowl (plastic will absorb scent)
•Molds (ice cube trays, empty easter eggs or deep cookie cutters)
•1 cup Citric Acid*
•2 cups baking soda*
•20 – 30 drops any essential oil you’d like (more or less drops depending on how scented you like it)
•1 tbsp almond, apricot or olive oil
•15 – 20 drops food coloring (if desired)
•about a tsp of water
*available in bulk at LHC
• Mix together citric acid and baking soda thoroughly in a bowl.
• Add essential oils, carrier oil and food coloring.
• Spray water into mixture very small amount at a time. Keep mixing as you spray. If you don’t have a spray bottle, you can have it in a little bowl and add ¼; tsp at a time. You don’t want to add too fast, or it will froth up. Mix and add water until it holds a shape when you squeeze it in your hand.
• Pack tightly into molds and tap to release them. You don’t have to wait long before they’ll hold their shape.
• Let your bombs dry for 2-3 hours in a warm, but dry place. Try to avoid direct sunlight.
• For the best results, use them within a few weeks. They lose fizziness after a while.