Burrito Bowl with Rotisserie Chicken
Prep time 10 minutes
This satisfying recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight. Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the co-op, a can of black beans, a jar of salsa and a couple avocados and you're good to go.
Experiment with healthier versions of this dish by using brown rice instead of white or supplementing with quinoa or barley. Try using greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Add unlimited add ins like green onions, corn, tomatoes, cheese and different varieties of beans.
• 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
• 1 can of black beans, rinsed
• 3 cups cooked rice
• 1 bunch chopped cilantro
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 avocados, sliced
• Salsa, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste
• Shred rotisserie chicken (starting with breasts)
• Stir olive oil, cilantro and lime juice in to rice
• Scoop rice in to bowls. Then add black beans. Next top with shredded chicken, sliced avocado, and sour cream and salsa to taste.