Prep Time 15 mins
Spice up your regular burger routine with earthy spices like chipotle, cumin and garlic and top with avocado for a southwestern twist on an American classic.
For the burger
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp chipotle chli powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
• 1 and 1/2 pounds ground beef
• tomato slices (Try our local hydroponic tomatoes from Tomato King!)
• monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
• leaf lettuce
• pickled jalepeños (optional)
• store-bought cortido (optional)
Don't forget the buns! Rudi's hamburger buns are on sale through memorial day weekend!
• Combine cumin, chipotle, salt, garlic, onion and ground beef in large mixing bowl. Shape in to 4 patties.
• Grill patties over high heat for 5 minutes. Flip over and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on the other side.
• If desired, place cheese slices on burger to melt chees. This is a great time to toast the buns on the grill as well.
• When burgers are finished, put patties on buns and top with assorted toppings.