Caprese Pesto Flatbread
Prep Time 5-10 minutes, Cooking Time 5 mintues
Serves 2-4 people
Adapted from Through her Looking Glass
Make this delicious recipe in a flash for a weeknight dinner or party. Garden fresh flavors are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
• 1 package naan (2 naan)
• fresh basil pesto
• 2 large tomatoes sliced into thin rounds
• 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cut in rounds
• Balsamic vinegar
• fresh snipped basil
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 2 cloves garlic (or more)
• pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup olive oil
•Crisp naan on a baking sheet under the broiler in the oven for a couple minutes. (optional)
Remove from oven and cool
Preheat oven to 400°
Fresh Basil Pesto:
• Place basil leaves, garlic, parmesan and black pepper in food processor.
Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil in and process.
Add more olive oil if needed for spreadable consistency.
• Spread each naan with ½; of basil pesto mixture.
Top with tomato rounds.
Top with fresh mozzarella rounds.
•Bake for 5-10 minutes on lowest oven rack until naan is crispy and cheese is melty.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.