One Pot Pumpkin Pasta
Prep time 10 mins | Cooking Time 10 mins
Cook up a bowl of comfort food on a chilly fall evening and enjoy the savory side of pumkin.
This recipe is vegan friendly and a great mac and cheese substitute
• 8 ounces linguine pasta, or any pasta on hand
• 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 medium onion, chopped small
• 2 large cloves garlic, peeled & minced
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Optional: 4-ounce goat cheese (chevre)* or vegan herbed cream cheese
• Optional: 1 sprig of sage
• Add all ingredients except the goat cheese and sage to a large, heavy pot.
• Place the pot over high heat and bring to a rolling boil. As soon as it comes to the rolling boil, set the timer for 9 minutes. Stir and toss with tongs as it cooks, stirring frequently for the first few minutes and then constantly as it thickens and begins to stick to the bottom of the pot. After 9 minutes, the pasta should be tender and the sauce will have thickened slightly. Stir in sage.
• Remove from heat. Crumble goat cheese into the pasta. Stir gently until melted and combined. Let sit for 5 minutes