Organic Valley's Layered Fiesta Salad
Prep time 10 minutes | Chill time 1 hour
Serves 8 - 10
This simple layered salad is perfect for game day or any lazy Sunday afternoon. Organic Valley's layered fiesta salad uses fresh organic vegetables like tomatoes and avocados mixed with Organic Valley Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese and creamy, delicious Organic Valley Sour Cream. Simple to put together and a satisfying snack for all of your guests.
Find the orinal recipe on Organic Valley's website.
• 6 cups packed torn romaine lettuce
• 1 16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup Organic Valley Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
• 3 cups diced tomatoes
• 1/2 ripe avocado
• 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1⁄3 cup medium salsa
• 1⁄3 cup Organic Valley Sour Cream
• 1⁄4 tsp salt, or more to taste
• 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
• 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
• Layer lettuce, black beans, cheese and tomatoes in a glass serving bowl.
• Place avocado in a medium bowl; mash well with a fork. Mix in lime juice.
• Stir in sour cream and salt. Mix well.
• Spread mixture evenly over tomatoes. Cover tomatoes completely to prevent oxygen from getting to tomatoes. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
• Just before serving, sprinkle chips and cilantro over salad or just top with cilantro and serve alongside a bowl of chips.