Oven Roasted Coffee Molasses Pork Chops
Prep time 9 hours | Cooking time 20 minutes
Simply satisfying, with unique flavor profiles and few ingredients you may find yourself reaching for this recipe again and again.
•1 cup strong coffee, cooled
•1/2 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Molasses
•2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
•1 tbsp Dijon mustard
•1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
•1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
•1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, finely grated
•4 (8 oz, 1 inch thick each) pork chops
•1 tbsp vegetable or grapeseed oil
• Combine coffee, molasses, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Pour into a food storage bag. Add the pork chops and refrigerate for 8 – 10 hours.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Remove the chops from the marinade and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper. Pour the marinade into a sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until you have about 1/2 cup of sauce, about 10 minutes.
• Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over high heat until very hot. Sear the pork chops for 2- 3 minutes or until browned, flip the chops and place the skillet in the oven.
• Roast for 6 minutes or until the chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the sauce