Prep time 5 minutes | Cooking time 10 minutes
Serves 2 - 4
Try this recipe for a fall twist on a Mexican staple. Adding pumpkin puree to your quesadilla adds fiber and nutrition and will leave you feeling full longer!
This is a great recipe to let the kids help and perfect for an easy and seasonal lunch.
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Juice of 1/2 lime
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• Widmer Jalepeno Pepper Cheddar or Mexican Chihuahua cheese
• 10 inch whole wheat tortillas
• Optional: onions, jalepeno peppers, cilantro, greek yogurt
• Combine pumpkin puree, cumin, and sea salt in sauce pan. Heat until warm.
• When warm, spread pumpkin puree mixture on torilla.
• Shred or slice cheese on place evenly on pumpkin mixture
• Place another tortilla on top of cheese or fold tortilla in half (depending on how many are being served)
• Heat pan with coconut oil over medium-high heat and cook quesadilla 3-5 minutes on each side.
• Remove from heat. Squeeze lime over quesadilla, top with onions, jalepenos, cilantro or greek yogurt as desired.