Whole Wheat Waffles with Yogurt and Blueberries
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
With extra fiber from the whole wheat flour, probiotics from the yogurt, and antioxidants from the blueberries, these waffles are a healthier way to indulge in a brunch treat!
• 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 ¾;; cups milk of choice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 4 tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
• dollop of favorite yogurt
• fresh blueberries
• pure maple syrup
• Preheat waffle iron to desired setting.
• Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, beat egg, then whisk in milk, honey, and cinnamon until combined.
• Prepare your waffle iron, by brushing with melted butter, or spraying with cooking oil. Pour in as much batter as your waffle iron's instructions recommend (usually 1/2 - 3/4 full) and cook until golden brown.
• To serve, top with a dollop of your favorite yogurt, a handful of fresh blueberries, and a scant drizzle of pure maple syrup.