Homemade Protein Bars
Prep time 2.5 hours | Cooking time 0 minutes
Skip the sugar laden 'granola bars.' These bars are easy to make and contain no soy protein isolate, like many other protein bars. These make an easy on the go snack or pop in your child's lunch in place of cookies.
•1 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted, raw)
•1 cup hemp seeds
•1 ½;; cup goji berries*
•1/2 cup brazil nuts or macadamia nuts*, chopped
•1/2 cup shredded or shaved coconut*
•1/8 cup chia seeds*
•2 tbsp bee pollen*
•2 tsp stevia powder or xylitol*
•1 tsp ginger powder*(optional)
•2 tbsp Maca powder*
•3 tbsp ground cacao or carob*
•2 scoops of protein powder of your choice
•1 vanilla bean* (scraped)
•1 Tbsp melted cacao butter
•4 tbsp raw honey, brown rice syrup or agave nectar
•3 to 5 tbsp pure water
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS (just a little): super green powder, carob nibs, raisins, dried fruits or chocolate chips
*denotes items available in bulk at LHC
• In a blender, make “flour” of hemp seeds, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chia seeds and nuts.
• Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
• Add the oil, cacao butter and honey or agave.
• Mix briefly in a food processor while adding enough water to make it like a dough.
Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour to firm it up.
• Press into a bar/baking pan and cut into whatever size you’d like.
• Place in freezer covered for 2 – 3 hours.