Basic Pumpkin Puree
Prep time 5 minutes | Cook time 1 hour
Pumpkin Puree is an easy to make, fall staple.
Premaking your puree saves you time later, and provides a nutrious addition to many fall meals.
Pumpkin puree can be added to smoothies, pies, soups, pizzas, and more!
Don't stop with just one pumpkin! Roast as many squash as you can fit in your oven. All varieties of winter squash are delicious in a puree!
Whole squash, cut into halves
What you'll need:
Roasting pan or cookie sheet
Metal spoon (to scrape out seeds and pulp)
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
• Cut the squash in half, stem to base
• Scoop out seeds and pulp. (Save the seeds for a nutritious snack for later!)
• Cover the halves with foil and bake foil side up for 1 hour or until tender
• Let cool and scoop out flesh. Puree in food processor or food mill.