Spring Salad with Chicken
Prep time 5 minutes
This tasty recipe is great for a school or work day lunch after a weeknight chicken dinner. It can be made with whatever vegetables are left in the fridge, but we find it especially delicious with the ingredients listed below.
Make it as a sandwich or a salad.
• 1 cup roasted chicken breast, shredded
• 1 and 1/2 cup arugula
• 1/2 avocado, sliced
• 1 small tomato, sliced
• Fresh leafy herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro)
• 2 slices onion, dice if making a salad
• Juice of half of a lime
• 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon mayo
• 1 clove garlic, diced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• For the dressing, combine lime juice, dijon mustard, mayo, diced garlic and salt and pepper in bowl
• If you're making a salad, add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix
• For a sandwich, spread dressing on bread and layer other ingredients to your liking.